Metro is one the fastest and most convenient way of moving around the city. These stations are near ISR facilities:
- Saldanha metro station: Yellow Line (Linha amarela) and Red Line (Linha vermelha)
- Alameda metro station: Green Line (Linha verde) and Red Line (Linha vermelha)
For further information visit the Lisbon Metro website.
The following buses stop near ISR facilities:
- Av. Rovisco Pais/Av. António José de Almeida (side entrances): 720, 742, 767.
- Alameda: 708 (bike bus), 717, 718, 720, 735, 767; night bus: 206, 208.
- Saldanha/Arco do Cego: 713, 716, 720, 726, 727, 736, 738, 742, 744, 767, 783; night bus: 207.
For further information visit the Carris bus company website.
Taxis allow you to arrive at ISR from any point in the city, but of course the tariff also increases according to the distance, traffic and day time. An airport-ISR trip is around 10 euros.
From Lisbon Airport (Portela) to IST Alameda campus is a 10 minutes’ drive. Lisbon Airport is very close to the city centre – it is located 7km from the centre – and there are different alternatives to get there, namely by Metro
, city bus (Carris
) or by taxi.